Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Jerusalem - Day 1

We had to get used to the heavy increase in security for Jerusalem. After going through an extra passport and bag check, we even had to walk by a dog sniffing bags as went walked onto the plane! Needless to say 
I'm very surprised that Lia or Mom even went to Jerusalem



Got a few hours of sleep on the flight (I only watched 3 movies), so I was "well rested" when we showed up in Jerusalem around 10am


The bathrooms were occupied 11 out of the 12 hours we were in the plane. They would have been that last hour but there were restrictions which made all passengers buckle up the last little bit due to Israeli regulations. But don’t fear, I stood in line 10 minutes for my turn and achieved my goal with joy


This was one of the best meals I have ever had on an airplane. They woke us all up to some honey nut cheerios and fruit with some delicious 2% milk. It made my day. Nothing like some classic cold cereal  to cheer me up : note to my future wife




!That was a “my bum is so sore from that plane ride” smile




    



 Here we see a couple pictures of Bethesda which was a simple dam used to collect rainwater flowing down through the valley to form a natural lake. Between the years 150 B.C. and 70 A.D. a popular healing center developed east of the pools. A water cistern, baths and grottoes were arranged for medicinal or religious purposes. One of my favorite stories of Christ is found here at these waters. The text in the bible is: John: 5 1-9. Jesus says to the sick man, “stand up, and take your mat and walk.” At once the man was made well, and he took his mat and began to walk.



!The keystone to our religion!! The Book of Mormon






What a special experience to go to where Christ our Savior suffered for all mankind. When Ray and I first 
walked past it we did not realize that this was Gethsemane because the map was unclear. Once we understood that this was the place we both felt something special. These olive trees that you can see in the photo have been scientifically proven to be at least 2000 years or older which means that they were there when the Savior performed the Atonement. They are living witnesses of the greatest act of goodness and kindness. What a blessing it is to have Jesus Christ in our lives to bless, love and save us




No comments:

Post a Comment