Sunday, May 27, 2012

Jerusalem - Last Day







Today we went to church and we just happened to run into the beautiful Angela Smith! Even though she didn't recognize me, it was still amazing to see her. BYU Jerusalem is located near the mount of olives and Gethsemane. This picture is located on the balcony of this gorgeous church building which overlooks the city. 

So I am sitting in sacrament thinking, that kid that is passing the sacrament looks a lot like Elder Carroll. Come to find out that it was my homie from the Chile Santiago East Mission. Elder Carroll (Robert) was an amazing missionary and I am so grateful for his great example. I don't know many people quite as friendly and genuine as Carroll. 


Ran into Sorella Askew and Jenkins! (from my mission) That was totally awesome. I definitely didn´t expect to see them here. Sorella Jenkins is doing the BYU-Jerusalem program, which is super cool, and Sorella Askew is studying at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, which I think is even cooler and I´m super jealous.


You know us, just chillin. Chillin after church by the garden of Gethsemane. Then we all went into the church and sang together. It was great. : )



So this is a really cool pizza that is cooked with egg and cheese with a little bit of tomato sauce. It's not  that good but it gave me the great idea to try it myself when I get home. 






These are pictures of Church of the Holy Sepluchre. I was very glad we went. But in all honesty, I didn't feel very comfortable. When the time came to leave, I was more than happy to get out of there. The feelings you receive here and at the Garden Tomb are very distinct.








Here Assaf and I were juggling for this Asian crowd. They weren't very impressed. Assaf taught me some new tricks and for some reason I was juggling unbelievably well.



Dad!!!! You are in Jerusalem!!!


This is our Falafel guy. Gotta love him!
We´re going to miss him and all our new friends in Jerusalem!

What an amazing city.

1 comment: