Monday, August 13, 2012

Houston

P1060875

We tried to make it to Houston earlier this summer, but we didn’t make the flight. This time we still had an excellent dinner from my Aunt Karen. It was really fun to hang out with everyone, especially my cousin Chase. He’s a great swimmer and we had a lot of fun in the pool! He was in there, Audrey, Beth, my uncle Glenn, and even Lia got in for a few minutes!! (I know, hard to believe) Anyway, we had a really fun evening with everyone there.

P1060879

After me and Clark are both retired we totally need to get houses across from each other and build these. You can talk at a normal volume and hear each other perfectly. It would be awesome. I can imagine it now, my wife will call to me “Ray, where are you?! Are you out on the porch talking to Clark again???” hahaha. It’ll be so sweet.

P1060876

P1060877 

P1060878 

Name the movie? It’s one of my favorites!

P1060881

If I worked here, I would work out every morning and eat a ton at the Cafeteria. I would get huge!!! The food was awesome. Lia was so nice. She let us see where she works and we got to eat at this awesome buffet.

It was pretty cool to check out where Lia works. We went around the area and it’s all connected through tunnels! We walked about a mile through the tunnels, and it was awesome. It’s genius because outside it gets way too hot!

IMG_1019

It was so good to see Verle. We got to catch up on some pastime memories. Love this kid.

VERLE!!! I was so happy that we got to go eat with him and catch up. He’s his branch mission leader!!! (I think that’s one of the coolest callings). We figured something out: We’re pretty indecisive if we have too many options. The problem with Denny’s is you can get breakfast things, or dinner things. We had Clark’s mom on the phone and asked her what we should order. hahaha. She told me that she would choose the omelet, and instead I chose the burger, and she told Clark to get the burger, and instead he got the pancakes! haha.

Anyway, Verle is doing great, and I’m way happy that we saw him.

Overall our trip to Houston was fun, and it was great to see everyone there!

Clark and Ray had an extra day in Houston because they weren’t able to get on the flight down to Lima. I was in St George and realized that with the loads the way they were they would probably never get on. Their standby boarding priority is better when traveling with the employee so I caught the St George flight to LAX then got over to Houston at around midnight to join them. By this time Ray and Clark had finished their visit with Verle and had met up with my brother Glenn. They picked me up and we all spent the night at Glenn’s place. Thank you Glenn! The next day we caught the flight out. Our boarding priority for the flight was standbys 1,2,and 3. Without me they would have been like numbers 32 and 33. It wouldn’t have happened, so they have to put up with me. HA! Now I get to see Machu Picchu. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment