Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bangkok – Sunday

P1060442 

Art inspired me to be a better teacher! His class was so fun to listen to. He put a lot of energy into his class and his students loved it.

Art’s students are the best! Even though he taught in Thai, Art managed to keep us pretty involved in his lesson. At the beginning of the class he had Clark and I go and introduce ourselves. First Clark went up, and the class loved him! They said that he looks like Superman!!

When I got up they said, Wow, he looks like Captain America!!

After I sat down, Art asked them who he looks like, and they responded, Doraemon!! hahaha. I’ll let you compare:

P1060457 

image

P1060443

P1060445

P1060448

I still got it mom! Practicing never paid off because I am a natural!

P1060449

 Go missionaries!

P1060451

P1060453

P1060454

P1060455

P1060456

(We get really excited about church)

P1060459

Somehow we got recruited to practice with the ward choir. First we recorded the parts for them (no, we don’t know how to sing, but Art made us do it anyway), and then we sang for TWO HOURS! I sure am glad we’re not that dedicated with choir practice in the states.

P1060460

this was the spiciest food that I have ever eaten! Oh my goodness.

P1060461

P1060462

I’ve eaten some pretty spicy stuff in my life, but this was the most perfect. It kept my stomach warm for hours! : )

P1060463

I was worried her fan was going to catch fire as she was fanning my mouth because it was so hot.

P1060464

We are going to miss Art! Thanks for everything brotha!

We love you Art! It’s a good thing we’re out of his house now because it sure was a mess while we were there! haha. It was probably quite a shock for his roommate when he first came home.

1 comment:

  1. Those Thai people really can read people. Clark is definitely Clark Kent. Ray makes a good Captain America and your buddy Art, hahahhaha.

    I didn't know much about Capt America but learned this from Wikipedia: "Captain America has no superhuman powers, although as a result of the Super-Soldier Serum and "Vita-Ray" treatment, he is transformed from a frail young man into a "perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning. Captain America's strength, endurance, agility, speed, reflexes, durability, and healing are at the zenith of natural human potential."

    Vita-Ray that is the secret.
    Now I know. Gotta get me some of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete