Friday, July 6, 2012

富士山




This is where we stayed before we began the climb! It was beautiful cabin built for college students to go and do retreats and trips. 


I love Dixie State College's cabin in Pine Valley, but they should definitely get one here. 


Loading up on carbs before the hike. We were definitely over prepared for Fuji. We had about 80 granola bars with us, beef jerky, and trail mix!


Mount Fuji! What a beast!

This is just like any other trip. Everyone is really happy and excited to begin. They feel invincible. 5 hours later the opposite sets in! haha

 SIDE SHOT!

I thought that road looked cool so I took a photo of it on the way up, little did I know it'd be an important spot to remember later. 



SSIIIISSSTTTTEEERRRR CCLLLLAAAARRRRKKKK!!!! 

Kelly posing for the picture, Clark posing for the photo, Ray posing for the photo, and Andrew doing the dougie!


We are Huge! Good old Kenster!

At this point you could totally tell that Kelly needed some help with her bag! ; )



It was like we were all part of the fellowship of the ring and we had to go to the top of Mt. Doom together. 


I think Mt Fuji is one of the funnest hikes I've ever been on. It was way cool because you were almost rock climbing half the time. 










It went pretty much like this: 
Kelly - "Here, let me help you, I'm a doctor."
(pause)
"for children"
(pause)
"I help put on band-aids"
I thought it was so funny. haha. 






Sometimes I felt like we were climbing Everest. I mean, Mt Fuji is the tallest mountain in Japan, plus there were some Tibetan prayer flags near the top. 


Oh kelly! So photogenic!







I was so happy that they had these things for us to sleep on on top of the mountain. 






I don't really like trailmix except for two things. The raisins and m&ms.



I love Sister Clark!



The first Japanese to step on the moon!



Isn't this crazy! This is the steepest mountain and they have cats up here moving snow. I could not believe it. I would be so afraid of sliding and rolling one of those.





Kelly and I took a wrong trail, but it was siiickk! We saw even more of the mountain, and we found some sweet little hut and stuff! I think it's always fun to get lost a little bit. 






We figured out where we were! It's the same road I took a photo of earlier. : )












Analisa is the best! We had such a fun time with the Francis and the Clark family. Thanks for the memorable day!


Great hike, great people, unforgettable experience! Thank you guys! : )



No comments:

Post a Comment