Friday, June 15, 2012

Geneva - Day 1


What a great family! Thanks so much for helping us out. They were some of the kindest people I have ever met. I also had a great conversation with Victor late into the night about the differences between some countries he had visited and Venezuela. Venezuela has a lot of problems but with good people like Victor and his brother, they can change the country's future for the better.


This was our host in Geneva! This is Craig and he is the man. He picked us up in this sweet ride and brought us back to his awesome house. He is a fire fighter and competes in the Firefighting Olympic games and is really good at it. He boxes and does the long jump. He is 40 years old and could kick my trash. He was also in a Led Zeppelin tribute band. He is pretty much the coolest guy I have ever met. 


I see this as being the Eiffel Tower of Geneva. It's like, when you see this then you're sure you're in Geneva. You can also see it from about anywhere in the city!


We decided to go on a little boat ride. It was nice. Next time I've gotta make friends with someone on a sailboat to go out with them. 



This is the Jet d'Eau and it was awesome!!! It shoots water up 459 ft consistently at a speed of 124 mph. At any given moment there are 1849 gallons of water in the air! 


Whats up!!!

I could stare at this thing all day long. It was so sweet. 




Sittin at our nice park bench eatin some grub!






I think this actually caught our attention more than anything. We were chillin and looking out at the lake, and then we looked down and saw this! At first we thought it might be an iPad, so we were thinking about going in after it. Then we realized that it's more likely a laptop-so not worth it. 



I hate Eurolines. If they weren't so cheap I definitely wouldn't use them. haha. The lady here kept telling us that they can't give us a ticket to Montpellier with our Eurolines pass. We kept arguing with her about how it says on the website that they go there and stuff, and she kept insisting that she couldn't get us a ticket there. Finally Clark asked to speak with her manager and she told us to come back in ten minutes. When we came back it was hilarious, she was like "*sigh*, here." and handed us our tickets. hahaha. We said thank you and left, but in my head I was running victory laps around her desk. 



Clark - "Lemme take a photo of you with this deer"
Me - "But the sun's right in my eyes!!!!"
Clark - "Let's just take one, for the blog."
Me - "OwWw"
Clark - "Hahaha. This is a great picture"
(I don't think it's that great)



We were thinkin about going swimmin but the water was ice cold. It was the clearest water I have ever seen. 


So I road my lil bike as fast as I could up this huge hill. I thought I was fine until I got off my bike. I was super dizzy and I had to lay down. This is me...eating my carbs...trying to recover from being stupid.


Clay courts are sick!!!




Biker pose!


Check out this three legged chair!


I have no idea what this is, but it looked like an important organization.






It took us a number of attempts to get a photo together on our bikes using the 10-second self-timer.



Sorry...I didn't realize a train had passed by when i was taking the picture. 







Geneva was a gorgeous city. Everybody was so friendly and I could easily live here. 



Watching Portugal beat Denmark. Great game. Ronaldo played terrible but they still pulled through to win/


Okay, so this is going to sound crazy, but with the exchange rate that means that a Big Mac Meal actually costs MORE than 11.50 USD. Crazy, right? I pretty much lost my will to eat. I think we've had McDonalds at least once in every city, but in Geneva we just couldn't do it. 





I am amazed at the beauty of this country. I have never seen green like this and the mountains were spectacular! 

Mont Blanc. Tallest mountain in the alps. Same name as my favorite pens. 

1 comment:

  1. did you guys go to the museum with the huge chairs you can get up onto?? they have a whole set of chairs and a table :D

    ReplyDelete