Monday, June 4, 2012

London - Day 2

There's nothing quite like a Queen's Diamond Jubilee. In fact, they say London hasn't seen a party this big since the 1700s. Well, there sure were a lot of people! In fact, they estimated that over a million people watched the Jubilee Flotilla along the River Thames!


I know, I know, me and Clark are both known for our crowd-wading through skills, but even we couldn't get the best of these massive English crowds. 

It doesn't help that the police were blocking every street too. They were crampin our style.



This is where we waited for an hour, hoping to see the Queen exit out this apartment complex which was located right next to the Tower Bridge. The security was pretty incredible and their cars were impressive. We counted upwards of 12 brand new Range Rovers in this area. We ended up leaving because people had know idea when the Queen was actually going to exit so we decided to go check out the boats instead. 



Here is one of the pictures of the Tower Bridge fully extended. 


This was the only boat I saw with a Pirate Flag. It was pretty cool. 



So the English are pretty funny guys. We were soaking wet because the rain was just pouring. We decided to join some others and go under neath this garage as we waited for the Queen. After 10 minutes, this really grumpy old man came out and tried to kick us all out. Now, I have now learned something about the English. They hate when people try to tell them what to do. The others that were in the Garage with us just began to make fun of the grumpy old man. Finally the grumpy old man yelled, "Well then, I am calling the police." This man in the yellow then said, "There are like 50 policeman in front of your yard. Its the Queen's Jubilee you idiot. Here ill go ask them myself." So he went over and the whole problem was just so funny. The English are very witty and don't take no for an answer. 


My favorite is when the policewoman came over and they were talking to her and she's like "Well, he probably does have a right, HOWEVER, a bit of good  ... "






Okay, I'm not sure if you can quite tell here, but I was literally drenched through all the way down to my skin. Yes, I love London, no, I would not want to live here for more than a couple years. That rain would just drive me crazy!


This was a huge blessing. I was hungry, cold, and walking around with no direction trying to find a plane to eat. Well, this place turned out to be tasty, give generous portions, and was really cheap! It was perfect. 



In this car was the Queen of England. Although you may not believe this, she was 5 ft away from us and I believe I saw her give me a wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment