Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Paris - Day 1




Check out that serve!!! I served that ball 127 km/hr! That's really slow. This was during the French Open. They were having a huge party.


This was our first Host in Paris. He was a really cool guy. Super shy.


 He's an interior designer. His house reminds me of Ikea. Guess where he's going for the next two months>>>>>Shanghai (lucky!!)


This was a pretty big bummer. We went to church....and it was closed! While we were walking up to it I commented on how it looked closed to Clark. We both kind of chuckled because the church is never closed on Sunday morning....except when there/s Stake Conference. oh well, next week we can go to my old ward in Rome. : )



Second day in a row! It was Stake Conference! So we decided to grab another kebab. I think Ray and I are a lot like dad. If we like something we keep eating it because it never disappoints us.



Coool! 

This was the first of many times that we would go by Notre Dame. I was pretty disappointed because I didn't think it looked that cool, but later when we walked by the side of the building I thought it looked awesome (this photo is of the front...it's okay)


This was where everyone came to watch the finals. Not many people were here at the time because it was just the Mcenroe brothers playing in the 45 years and older division. They were playing doubles together.


I promise I serve faster than this!!





Sacre Couer! 


When we first got to Paris we were told that you could see the Eiffel Tower from anywhere in the city....but we went half our first day without seeing it, so we were starting to believe that it was just a big hoax that everyone kept up, but then we finally saw it. : )


This guy was the most amazing juggler I have ever seen in my life. You can't believe what he does when you are there watching him. 




I took about a hundred photos of this guy. It was really unreal some of the things that he did. It was hard to limit myself by not posting them all. 






In this photo the ball is spinning on a ballpoint pen that he's holding. I didn't get a photo of the best one though, when we stuck the pen in the back of his pants and the ball kept spinning on it. haha. 








The Eiffel tower was impressive. It was a lot bigger than I imagined. It was the tallest building in the World until the Empire State building surpassed it. 



I love the eiffel tower!!







Kanye West and Jay Z are responsible for this picture. 


The Eiffel tower is one of those things that I didn't think was that cool, and then I went to it. Now I think it's totally awesome. 




I love crepes! It reminds me of the good old family dinners at Village Inn! I have ordered the crepes with Strawberries dinner since 2004! 


Vamos Nadal!!! No importa si todos te odian! Eres el mejor aunque tengas problemas con tus pantalones y tu pelo siempre!


Everybody in this crowd was cheering for Djokovic. It was amazing seeing how many people showed up to watch the finals. It was a fun environment. 

These are our hosts. They are AMAZING! They met us at the metro stop and then we went for a walk with them. Anthony and Virgini have been dating for five years. They've traveled a lot together, and hopefully they'll travel to Utah some time!


This is the Notre Dame from the side. I think it looks siiick. 



RAIN!!!! 


Clark, I feel like that's such an understatement. It should be more like RAIN!!!!!!!!
I thought I was in Taiwan during Typhoon season or something. My pants and shoes got totally drenched. 


Look at this meal! I felt like the King who told Daniel of old to eat more meat. I should have been like Daniel who once said, "Heck no, I only eat fruits and vegetables homie." (Clark's modern day translation of the bible) This was a whole pig leg. I got to a point where I couldn't eat anymore. It was pretty tasty tho. 

This was our waitress. She was super funny...in French. I'm pretty sure she was cracking jokes about me and Clark the entire time, but we like her. 


This was such a great couple. We are so grateful to our hosts for allowing us to have such a wonderful stay at their home. They were some of the nicest people i have ever met in my life. Thanks so much for everything. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that soccer ball guy was there when I was!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray, you are seriously overdue for a haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for Taiwan to get a haircut!

    (Lia, I think Sacre Cuere was sweet, but that soccer ball guy was definitely the highlight of walking up to see that)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any other place i can see your videos?? none of them are working for me :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about that, I think it's a problem with blogger. I think it won't be until Mid-July that I'll try and get those up on YouTube. (too busy now, hopefully i'll get a chance then.)

    ReplyDelete