Wednesday, June 6, 2012

London - 4


This is Brendan. He's the man. He is hosting us in London, and it's been really really awesome. He's Irish, he loves making sure Clark eats something for breakfast, and he's super friendly and helpful. 




Dad!!! You are all over the place. And look how big you are compared to a double decker bus!



This is how Dinosaurs became extinct!


I pretty much came to the natural history museum just to see this. . .. I wasn't that impressed. Yeah, it was big, but I guess you just always expect a little more. 



The most impressive thing about the museum was probably the building itself.



Here we have the London Eye!!! Pretty impressive!


While we were waiting I decided to take a picture of the crowd in front of us and the crowd behind us. As you can see, you can't see. 


This is where we were, waiting for the Queen of England to pass by in her Chariot. We waited and waited but couldn't see anything because there were so many people in this location. All the streets were just like this. The funniest part of this experience was that the Queen passed by and everyone missed it. We kept hearing questions like, "Did she really pass by? The Queen? Really? We missed her?" There were people that had been waiting for hours and they missed it. It reminds me of the story of the 10 virgins.


I'm pretty sure that this guy is driving the Queen's carriage:




We got free Mars Ice Cream Bars. We were so excited because we were way hungry. But we learned quickly why they were free. They were pretty gross. 


It's pretty rare that I don't like things that are free. But I actually couldn't finish them!



The British Museum is fantastic. It's one of those places that you could go every week and still not fully soak it all in. We only had a few hours, but those few hours were great. Everything was explained really well there, and the pieces were all very interesting. 





This picture is in memory of all my Chilean friends. This is one of the statues found on the Easter Island which is owned by my country, Chile. Love ya all. Les quiero a todos!

This is really cool. It is called the Cradle to Grave. Each piece of fabric has around 14,000 pills which is the average amount of pills a person needs in their lifetime here in Britain. The fabric tells a story of certain individuals and their lives. You can see what they took during their lifetime and what they took when they were in their last few years. The most interesting was the amount of pills an individual had to begin taking once he began to smoke. His pills nearly doubled throughout the remainder of his lifetime.


WIMBLEDON!!! These were apartment complexes but I got too excited. I had to get a picture. 

If you see behind me...This is where all the Greats have played. They wouldn't let us get any closer because it is private and a protected property for the use of members only. They don't want my filthy paws touching their pavement. What punks! I felt like dad. I asked like every guard if I could see center court but we didn't get lucky. 

I can't wait to watch Wimbledon next year. Especially when they play on Court 3. It's like, yeah, I've been outside a gate near there. haha. 





This was such a good meal! The original fish and chips co. It was delicious. 


In the bottom of the photo you can see my meal: Burger and chips. : )

1 comment:

  1. On your way to Wimbledon on the train, you passed a city called Wandsworth (maybe you noticed it from it's excellent Harry Potter-esque name). That's where I stayed last year!

    ReplyDelete