Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Roma – Finalmente!

So our first day in Rome we actually didn’t take any photos! During the bus ride we passed lots of beautiful scenery, but it was just too hard to stay awake!

So we were exhausted on the bus and I couldn’t move because I was so tired. I looked over at Ray a couple times and he was just dead. As we were making our way down to Rome, all of a sudden I heard the driver announce, “We are now in Pisa Italy.” The thought came to my head, “Oh cool, I could check out the leaning tower of Pisa.” Well that’s as far as I got to seeing it because I fell asleep right after the thought.

When we finally did get to Rome a little after noon we went in search of our bags. We talked to the Eurolines lady, and of course it was like pulling teeth to get a straight answer our of her, we found out that she had no idea where our bags could be, but that the bus we were on with the same drivers would be in Rome at 2, and we could ask them what happened to them.

(We couldn’t wait to see our bus drivers). Anyway, they got there and it turns out that the one who had told us we would be there a long, long time had put our bags to the side, and they were on the bus. He looked pretty frightened to see us, and some how Clark and I resisted chewing him out and got our bags and left.

We went over to Sorella Misseri’s to say hi (and use her shower!) and then we went to the Iaconianni’s to have dinner and stay the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment