Friday, June 1, 2012

Barcelona - Day 4


What a cool hostel! They even have a mini ramp indoors. I don't think anyone skates it but this is where you can come and jam and watch some good skate videos. 


Here is our breakfast!!! We are living a cheap and healthy life. This meal cost us a only a couple dollars. The drink that is in Ray's hand is a yogurt drink and the drink in my hand is Horchata. I can drink Horchata all day long. 



These are the steps that lead to our new hostel. 180 stair steps. When we made it to the top, we decided that we were true backpackers. 


I love outdoor escalators. That's more my style of backpacking. 




These are Gaudi's benches that he made from these rock formations. This is found in Parque Guello.


Barcelona is a great city for everybody! Even in Guell park there was a friendly "Hello" written in Italian.



 This Lizard is super famous. There were tons of people getting photos with it, and little kids kept cutting in front of me. It makes me mad because I used to pull that move all the time. 

It's not every day that you get to ride Aslan. 



If Stewart and I went out and did this in St. George, we would have had a cop chattin with us within minutes. This was an awesome skate spot right next to the beach with a nice, natural mini ramp. 

 We made some new friends at the hostel from San Francisco. They were pretty adventuresome. The super market was closed (and I was super hungry), but Tiffany spotted a tree with some sort of mystery fruit that we ate. haha. Clark didn't try it. 

I love BANANAS!!!

This was one of the coolest experiences of my life. This fountain was incredible. One of my favorite experiences was when they played a song about Barcelona. The colors in the fountain went red, yellow and blue which are  the colors of the city and everyone cheered when the song began and finished. Behind this fountain was a huge art museum with hundreds of people sitting on its steps. It was a blast.



Clark is a ghost!


Here we are with our Asian and Philippinean (that's what I called them, and yes I know the Philippines is in Asia)!!! haha good times.


We had a suuuper nice view of the fountain. There was a sweet ledge that we climbed up on. 






We tried an Asian pose but it turned out to be pretty dorky.


I have actually never seen Charlies Angel's but this is how I would hold a gun. 
Yeah, that's how Clark would hold a gun so he can show off his biceps. 
And my calves.
This was probably my highlight of the night (not counting the fountain). We went up on top of the mall and there were great views of the city. We had dinner up there which consisted of really hard bread that cost like 35 cents a loaf, some turkey that tasted like bologna, chips (which were delicious, jamon flavored), oh, and salad. Two bags of salad (super gross!) 


And that was the end of our Barcelona trip. Great city. Really clean. Definitely would be happy to live there.

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea to each write in a different color on a post. It's funny.

    ReplyDelete