Saturday, June 2, 2012

London - Day 1

London Calling


I think Ray is sometimes embarrassed of me when we travel. I had to do some push ups before getting on the plane.

...and some backpack curls.

Business class...its like what Jerry Seinfeld once said, "Once you are moved up...you can't go back"
Signing the, "Welcome to London" book. 

At this point we still had no idea that it was the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. We just thought it was nice that London is already preparing for the Olympics by handing out free flags and having a full live band to welcome you at the airport. 




Piccadilly Circus. It's like the Times Square of New York, but with a silly name. 



550 calories in each of these double chocolate muffins from McDonalds. We needed the energy.

I'm also trying to establish a tradition of starting every city with some food from McDonalds.



Les Miserables in London. We will be seeing it on Wednesday. Yes mom...Ray will be seeing it too. Your culturing is paying off.









As you can see, this was pretty ridiculous (in a good way). We were trying to find somewhere to get free wifi and we stumbled upon some huge event. hahaha. 






So I can just imagine the brains of this idea. The man that decided to have a marching band on horses was probably like, "Marching bands are a part of our culture but...they are a little boring. I love horses...Wait a second...A band on marching horses!" 




Since we didn't originally plan on coming to London, we kept finding famous stuff that we didn't even realize was famous. This is Trafalgar square and the National Gallery.


Chiswick Park is where our new friend Brendan lives. He's really great to be willing to host us so last minute, and the area is really nice. 


Behind me is Wembley stadium. At the time, England was playing Belgium. We were hoping to get a ticket but it was sold out. We could have bought a couple tickets but they were 80 bucks each which wasn't quite worth it. 


I'm a pedestrian, I'm a stay at home son, I'm mediocre at all sports, I'm a supporter of kirkland t-shirts from Costco, I'm a Nutrition major, and I am a Mormon. This is the brand new visitors center in London. It is incredible. Its the only visitor center that has a baptismal font. We went to church in this same building and it is very impressive. The mission office is also in the same building.


Mom, you should get an iPad like this. 


What can I say...



Hey babe...ya i'm in London. ya...cool....ya....that's pretty chill...ya...i'm in the famous telephone box...ya the parent trap one...ya...cool....later


A little while ago some dude made it so all the museums in London are free. I know what you're thinking, Ray, you're not even really into museums! True, but I am really into free stuff, so I guess while I'm in London I'm into museums. 



7 quid for a buffet? Looks like we've found chinatown. 


This is Buckingham Palace preparing for the festivities. Monday they are having a huge concert here. Elton John and Paul Mccartney will be performing here for the Queen. We will be there Monday early to get a spot. 


This was so impressive. It was bigger and better than I imagined. The architecture was perfect and you couldn't quit staring at it. Sarah, how many movies have we seen with Big Ben? 






The only thing that could make this picture better is a huge fountain coming from the middle of the river with Nirvana blaring from some speakers. (shout out to my hometown Barcelona)



Our first of many rides we will have this trip in the front of a double decker bus. It's like they found a way to turn public transportation into a party. Even on the tube there was a drunk guy that started pole dancing. haha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment