Thursday, June 14, 2012

Paris - Day 3


So here we are, another preparation day on the mish. We decided to get up early and do our Laundry. I know this sounds gross...but we haven't done our laundry since Barcelona. It's called efficient living.

It's kind of hard to tell, but this is us sitting across from each other on the metro. We just barely fit with the two of us and our bags. 


This is my favorite picture. I am sure no one noticed Ray using the Wi Fi at Starbucks. 


Our first day in London we actually bought a hot chocolate from Starbucks...so ever since I've been using their internet everywhere. Someday I'll buy something else there too, but for now I just sneak around the outside. 




This park is supposed to resemble the Future...It didn't make sense to me either.


So although the park was pretty disappointing, the good thing about the future is that there is free wifi everywhere, and that was the case with this park. Although we actually went into their library and used it there. It was nice. 



We had our first crisis this trip as we boarded the bus to head to Geneva. The lady that we bought the tickets from put the wrong date on my ticket so I was not allowed to board until Thursday. Luckily, the guy at the counter could speak Spanish. I found out later he was the manager. But him and I went at each other for about 5 minutes blaming each other for the mistake. We were both kind of loud and I am pretty sure everyone around us could hear our conversation. Well these people in this picture heard my plea for help and they came to my aid. They helped us with everything they could and they were so kind. The Lord blessed us and I was able to board because someone didn't show up and it was a miracle. You always find wonderful people in the world that are kind and caring and I am so grateful to my new friends from Venezuela for helping me during this time of panic. The manager and I actually became friends and we said sorry to each other before I left. We were both stressed out. But the lesson I learned from this is to be sure and check your tickets at all times to make sure they have the right date. I also learned that I need to be kind and caring like these people I met because it made all the difference. I love South Americans. They are a special people.  

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if I would call not doing laundry being efficient. Kind of gross is probably a more apt description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Ray and Starbucks= parasitism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I figure since we bought something once this summer and it was so overpriced, they kind of owe us. !!

      Delete
  3. hahaha, so now it makes a sense :P Does it work just in European Starbucks? :P

    ReplyDelete